Simple Roasted Red Pepper And Fresh Tomato Soup
It’s been a long day. You’re cold and summer seems a long way off. What better way to warm up than with a nice bowl of steamy hot homemade roasted red pepper and fresh tomato soup?
Soup is the perfect winter comfort food, it’s filling, satisfying and hits the spot on those cold winter days. This roasted red pepper and fresh tomato soup isn’t only easy to make, but is vitamin rich and will help to boost the immune system. It also goes down well with the family (always a winner!).
Ingredients For 4 Servings:
- 6 red peppers
- 8 fresh tomatoes
- 1 medium onion (roughly chopped)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp honey
- A good drizzle balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 dried chilli pepper
- 4 rashers chopped bacon
Grated cheddar cheese, croutons and crusty fresh bread.
- Wash, deseed and slice the red peppers.
- Put sliced red peppers into a roasting tin, sprinkle with salt and drizzle with the honey and balsamic vinegar. Mix to coat the peppers.
- Pop into the oven on a medium to high heat for half an hour, stirring once during that time.
- After half an hour add the onion and the garlic cloves to the red peppers and mix in.
- Roast for another twenty minutes or so, until the peppers look nice and roasted
- In the mean time. Roughly chop the tomatoes and put into a pan over a low heat to cook down. You don’t have to cook the tomatoes for long. I cook them for as long as it takes to roast the peppers.
- Once the peppers are roasted add to the pan of tomatoes.
- Blitz in a liquidizer or with a hand blender until smooth.
- Season to taste.
- Sprinkle with croutons (mine are bought, but you can easily make your own) and grated cheese.
- Serve with nice crusty bread.
- Add a slice of bacon per person to the peppers when roasting.
- You can also add a small dried chilli or chilli seasoning to taste.
- You can replace the grated cheddar cheese with any cheese of your liking. Crumbled blue cheese works well.
What soups do you enjoy in the winter?
© 2016 – 2019, Debbie. All rights reserved.
Stephanie Robinson says
Something Crunchy Mummy says
Morgan Prince says
Verily Victoria Vocalises says
Mum in Brum says
Silly Mummy says
Sarah HowE says
Rhyming with wine says
Celeste | The Whole serving says
Jess Powell (Babi a Fi) says
Tracey Abrahams says
Unhinged Mummy (aka Janine Woods) says
Regina L. L. Wells says
Linda at Mixed Kreations says
Carol @ The Red Painted Cottage says
Kim Carberry says
Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) says