PicMonkey Photo editing made of win

Mommy Reality Challenge #11 – Purse Contents Revealed!!

After eleven weeks The Mommy Reality Challenge is still going strong. For anyone who has not heard of the Mommy Reality Challenge, it is simply a fun photographic challenge that is set each week, so that Mums across the world can share the fact that being a Mum does not mean that we are super human.

The challenge set each week is neither serious nor death defying, although it can be a little unnerving sharing unedited, untouched photographs of food faces, car boots and kitchen sinks with the world…But it is fun getting a glimpse into the lives of other Mums.

By taking part in this challenge I have learned that it is not only me who falls a long way short of being ‘perfect’. So, my kitchen sink is full of dishes 95% of the time and my children used to wear more food on their faces than they ate when they were younger. None of it really matters. I am happy just knowing that there are plenty of Mums out there who are just the same as me…Non judgmental and trying their best!

The hosts Jen and Celeste set this weeks challenge after DIZMOMMY revealed having a goldfish and a toy car inside her purse…I am really hoping that the goldfish was a toy!

So This Weeks Mommy Reality Challenge Is ……..Drum roll………..

For us Mums to bravely take a photograph of the inside of our purses or handbags – as us English refer to them…I was wondering how on earth DIZMOMMY managed to a goldfish and a toy car into a purse and now I know…..A purse to me is where I keep money and any cards I might have. My handbag is my life support!

My bag and purse

My bag and my purse.

Long gone are the days when I carried, snacks, colouring pencils, drawing pad, water bottles, nappies and all the other ‘just in case’ things Mums tend to carry in their purses. These days my purse is a fraction of the size it once was, but I still manage to cram it full of junk like half empty TicTac containers that lie in the darkness at the bottom of my bag quietly rattling every time I move.

Purse contents

My bag no longer contains the Mummy Essentials, but could still do with a good clean out!

Shopping receipts that are supposed to be filed in a folder at home for Mr. Taxman, but most of them are still screwed up in my bag and will most likely stay there until our accountant asks for them next March.

The tiny tube of hand cream has probably dried up it’s been so long since I used it and the small diary I insist on buying each year, but never use just adds to the clutter. I did remove my purse and phone from the bag to get this photo as they hide all the junk in the bottom of the bag, giving the impression of tidiness…Small cough…Who am I kidding?

The front pocket contains a notebook, a pen, tatty individual wet wipes that they give you when you shop at the Hondos Center and have probably dried out and the all important lip salve.

So that’s the contents of my purse shared with the world. I look forward to checking out what other Mums hoard in their bags, I bet it’s going to make for interesting viewing!

If you’re a Mum and have not yet linked up to the Mommy Reality Challenge, what are you waiting for? It’s fun and probably the easiest challenging thing you’ll ever have to do!

Leapfrog and Lipgloss

Copyright © 2014 Debbie Roberts

Comments

1. 13

says

I contemplated participating in this one but I thought everyone would hate me for how insanely organized my purse is. Seriously… I make friends fast because I’m equipped with EVERYTHING but I like to keep it neat and tidy because it’s my central operating system.

Thanks for sharing your purse. I love the hot pink!
    xoxo

• 14

says

Hi Jennifer, you’re a gem! I don’t think I’ve ever met a woman with an organised purse before. I am sure that there is a law against it – have you checked? ….I personally would have liked to have seen inside a tidy purse as it would have been a first for me.

Pink and purple are the colours I like, so was tickled pink when I was given my hot pink bag. The only downside of the bag is that it’s quite heavy even when empty and the leather is not soft, but I still love it!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.

• 16

says

Hi Rebecca, thank you, I like the pink too. Such a relief to learn that the goldfish you are referring to are cheese crackers and not the real deal.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

2. 17

says

Haha what a great link up idea. I’d not heard of this one before. Loving the handbag and purse combo! My handbag isn’t used that much now as I tend to just take the changing bag with me when I’m with my baby. But both are in a real state- there must be 4 or 5 lipglosses in the bottom of the change bag and endless baby toys. My handbag is also full of receipts and unused hand cream! Amelia x
    OhLittleOneSweet recently posted…Little One’s 12 Month (1 year!) UpdateMy Profile

• 18

says

Hi Amelia, you’ll get to carry a handbag again one day, I promise! I think I counted the years until I the children were old enough to carry their own junk and at the time it seemed like forever!

I gave up carrying lip glosses as they always ended up sticky, and these days you can get shimmery lip salves.

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.
      Debbie Roberts recently posted…My Favourite Blog Hops…My Profile

• 20

says

Hi Celeste, I suppose in a way I did. I tend to gravitate towards all things pink or pink-ish! In the winter I will probably swap bags and file all tatty, screwed up and no longer legible receipts then. I am sure that one day the slimy gum will come in handy…Maybe for plugging a puncture or something like that?..

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.

3. 21

says

First off, your purse and handbag are absolutely adorable! I want one just like it! I too have receipts floating around in my purse that really should not be there.

On another note, I wish I could have Tic Tacs, but children think they are candy and will eat them in no time, Someday I will add that back into the contents of my purse…. that already weighs as much as a baby elephant!
    Jen@JENerallyInformed recently posted…Announcing The GREAT Blog Staycation 2014My Profile

• 22

says

Hi Jen, thank you! For a long time I wanted a colourful leather satchel as a bag and my family gave me that one a couple of years back for my birthday…It’s a great bag, but no good if you have to lug things round for little ones – even when empty the bag is heavy – but I like it.

You’ll be slinging TicTacs into the bottom of your purse before you know it, as a way of taking your bag back and making it your own again. And it’s a great feeling!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.